About Tim Rahr
Tim is an experienced finance and operating executive who leverages deep expertise in strategy development and execution, finance, operations, sales, supply chain and HR to strengthen top and bottom line performance. He has experience in a wide range of businesses ranging from startups, to closely-held family businesses, to large public companies. His industry experience includes publishing, digital media, manufacturing, mortgage banking, real estate and construction.
As an entrepreneur, CFO and President he has experienced first-hand the many issues that confront business owners as their companies grow. He is expert at quickly assessing the key drivers of success in any business model. Tim uses this knowledge to help business owners develop processes, systems, key metrics and reporting that increase cash and drive bottom line results. His expertise includes:
- Strategy development and execution
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Cash management
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Expense management
- Business process improvement
- Contract administration
- External relationship management – audit, legal, banking, insurance
- Risk management
- Staff development and training
- Human resources and benefits administration
Throughout his career Tim has paired his strong listening skills with his hands-on and common-sense management style to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders. These relationships allow him to understand the critical issues affecting performance and then to align these stakeholders to drive real value for the business.
As a partner with B2BCFO, his objective is drive value for his clients. This value is agreed on up front, and can come in the form of increased profitability, improved cash flow or the completion of a successful Exit Strategy process for the business owner.
Tim has a B.A. from Middlebury College. Tim and his wife, Sarah, live in New Haven, Connecticut with their three sons.
- Middlebury College
- Wharton School, Executive Education
Articles by Tim Rahr
- Need More Cash? It May Be Closer Than You Think
- Family Business | Recipe for Disaster…. Or Success?
- Working Capital — The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- SMART Steps for Your Success
- Manage Your Cash Flow Before It Manages You
- The Top 5 Cash Flow Rules
- Where Does the Bottom Line Actually Start? | How to have a Healthy GM
- Exit My Business — Why Should I Plan?
- Want an Effective Budget? Use SWOT and 10 Level Analysis!
- Working Capital Problems? Here Are 8 Signs That You Need To Watch
- Three Reasons Business Owners Need a CFO
- Award Winning Author and Inc. Magazine’s Editor-at-Large Bo Burlingham to Keynote B2B CFO’s Annual Meeting